Procedure to incorporate; contents and execution of certificate of incorporation.
Within 40 days following the adoption of the authorizing resolution, the applicants shall proceed to incorporate the authority by filing for record in the office of the judge of probate of the county wherein the city is located a certificate of incorporation which shall comply in form and substance with the requirements of this section and which shall be in the form and executed in the manner herein provided.
The certificate of incorporation of the authority shall state all of the following:
(1) The names of the persons forming the authority, and that each of them is a duly qualified elector of the city.
(2) The name of the authority, which shall include the name of the city in its title as follows:
The _______ Redevelopment Authority.
(3) The period for the duration of the authority (if the duration is to be perpetual, subject to the provisions of Section 11-54A-20 hereof, that fact shall be stated).
(4) The name of the city together with the date on which the governing body thereof adopted the authorizing resolution.
(5) The location of the principal office of the authority, which shall be within the corporate limits of the city.
(6) That the authority is organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(7) Any other matters relating to the authority that the incorporators may choose to insert and that are not inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the state.
The certificate of incorporation shall be signed and acknowledged by the incorporators before an officer authorized by the laws of the state to take acknowledgments to deeds. When the certificate of incorporation is filed for record, there shall be attached to it (1) a copy of the application as filed with the governing body of the city in accordance with Section 11-54A-4, and (2) a certified copy of the authorizing resolution adopted by the governing body of the city. Upon the filing for record of the certificate of incorporation and the documents required by the preceding sentence to be attached thereto, the authority shall come into existence and shall constitute a public corporation under the name set forth in the certificate of incorporation. The judge of probate shall thereupon send notice to the Secretary of State that the certificate of incorporation of the authority has been filed for record.
(Acts 1985, No. 85-683, §5; Act 2004-630, p. 1439, §1.)