Sec. 232.025. SUBDIVISION REQUIREMENTS. By an order adopted and entered in the minutes of the commissioners court, and after a notice is published in English and Spanish in a newspaper of general circulation in the county, the commissioners court shall for each subdivision:
(1) require a right-of-way on a street or road that functions as a main artery in a subdivision, of a width of not less than 50 feet or more than 100 feet;
(2) require a right-of-way on any other street or road in a subdivision of not less than 40 feet or more than 70 feet;
(3) require that the shoulder-to-shoulder width on collectors or main arteries within the right-of-way be not less than 32 feet or more than 56 feet, and that the shoulder-to-shoulder width on any other street or road be not less than 25 feet or more than 35 feet;
(4) adopt, based on the amount and kind of travel over each street or road in a subdivision, reasonable specifications relating to the construction of each street or road;
(5) adopt reasonable specifications to provide adequate drainage for each street or road in a subdivision in accordance with standard engineering practices;
(6) require that each purchase contract made between a subdivider and a purchaser of land in the subdivision contain a statement describing how and when water, sewer, electricity, and gas services will be made available to the subdivision; and
(7) require that the subdivider of the tract execute a bond in the manner provided by Section 232.027.
Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 979, Sec. 4, eff. June 16 1995.