The H, Hillside District is intended to:
1. Promote environmental preservation and fiscal responsibility;
2. Allow reasonable use and development of property zoned H, Hillside; and
3. Apply in areas that are not suitable for intensive development because of the presence of environmental or scenic resources and because of the difficulty of providing essential public facilities and services in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
905.02.B Use Regulations
905.02.B.1 Primary Uses
Primary uses shall be allowed in the H District in accordance with the Use Table of
905.02.B.2 Accessory Uses
Accessory uses shall be permitted in the H District in accordance with the Accessory Use regulations of Chapter 912.
905.02.C Site Development Standards
Sites in the H District shall be developed in accordance with the following site development standards, provided that:
1. New development shall be allowed to use Contextual Setbacks and Contextual Building Heights in accordance with the provisions of
2. The Environmental Performance Standards of Chapter 915 shall impose additional restrictions on development; and
3. The applications for building permits shall be subject to the Site Plan Review procedures in accordance with
of the Zoning Ordinance.
Article VI and Chapter 925 contain a complete description of site development standards and a listing of exemptions to various standards.
Site Development Standard
Minimum Lot Size
Minimum Front Setback
Minimum Rear Setback
Minimum Exterior Sideyard Setback
Minimum Interior Sideyard Setback
40 ft. (not to exceed 3 stories)
Maximum Area of Disturbance:
50% of total lot area
905.02.D Special Definitions
The following special definitions shall apply throughout the Hillside Regulations of this chapter:
1. The brow of the hillside is that portion that forms the horizon when viewed from below or afar.
2. The foot of a hillside marks the transitional point between valley floor and hillside.
3. Area of disturbance: area of the site where vegetation is removed, structures or paving are built, or excavation occurs.
905.02.E., F. [
(Ord. 35-2002, §§ 1A, AB, eff. 12-3-02; Ord. 40-2005, §§ 1C—1F, eff. 12-30-05)