Sec. 16.5. "Enhancing circumstance" means one (1) or more of the following:
(1) The person has a prior conviction, in any jurisdiction, for dealing in a controlled substance that is not marijuana, hashish, hash oil, salvia divinorum, or a synthetic drug, including an attempt or conspiracy to commit the offense.
(2) The person committed the offense while in possession of a firearm.
(3) The person committed the offense:
(A) on a school bus; or
(B) in, on, or within five hundred (500) feet of:
(i) school property while a person under eighteen (18) years of age was reasonably expected to be present; or
(ii) a public park while a person under eighteen (18) years of age was reasonably expected to be present.
(4) The person delivered or financed the delivery of the drug to a person under eighteen (18) years of age at least three (3) years junior to the person.
(5) The person manufactured or financed the manufacture of the drug.
(6) The person committed the offense in the physical presence of a child less than eighteen (18) years of age, knowing that the child was present and might be able to see or hear the offense.
As added by P.L.158-2013, SEC.619. Amended by P.L.168-2014, SEC.90.