1. The classes of certified seed are breeder, foundation, registered, and certified and shall be recognized by the certifying agency.
2. It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, offer for sale, or expose for sale in the state:
a. Any agricultural seed, including seed potatoes, as a recognized class of certified seed unless:
(1) Such seed has been certified by a duly constituted state authority or state association recognized by the Iowa secretary of agriculture.
(2) Each container bears an official label approved by the certifying agency stating that the seed has met the certification requirements established by the certifying agency.
(3) Each container of the certified class of certified seed bears a label blue in color with the word “certified” thereon.
(4) Each container of the foundation and registered classes of certified seed bears a label with a color or colors approved by the certifying agency.
b. Any agricultural seed, including seed potatoes, with a blue label unless such seed is a class of certified seed.
[C35, §3137-g1, -g2; C39, §3137.3, 3137.4; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, §199.7; 82 Acts, ch 1191, §6]
2009 Acts, ch 41, §263