(a) The Veterinary Medical Examining Board may deny or suspend any registration or deny or revoke any certificate of qualification upon the grounds that the applicant or veterinary technician is guilty of:
(1) Soliciting patients for any practitioner of the veterinary healing arts;
(2) Soliciting or receiving any form of compensation from any person other than his or her registered employer for performing as a veterinary technician;
(3) Willfully or negligently divulging a professional secret or discussing a veterinarian's diagnosis or treatment without the express permission of the veterinarian;
(4) (A) Any offense punishable by incarceration in the Department of Correction or federal prison.
(B) A copy of the record of conviction, certified by the clerk of the court entering the conviction, shall be conclusive evidence;
(5) Being unable to practice as a veterinary technician with reasonable skill and safety to patients because of illness, the use of drugs, alcohol, narcotics, or chemicals, or as a result of any mental or physical condition;
(6) Fraud or misrepresentation in applying for or procuring:
(A) A certificate of qualification to perform as a veterinary technician in Arkansas; or
(B) An annual registration;
(7) Impersonating another person registered as a veterinary technician or allowing any person to use his or her certificate of qualification or registration;
(8) Aiding or abetting the practice of veterinary medicine by a person not licensed by the board;
(9) Gross negligence in the performance of duties, tasks, or functions assigned to him or her by a licensed veterinarian;
(10) Manifesting incapacity or incompetence to perform as a veterinary technician; or
(11) Conduct unbecoming a person registered as a veterinary technician or detrimental to the best interests of the public.
(b) At the discretion of the board, any person whose certificate of qualification is suspended or revoked by the board under this section may be recertified or reinstated by the board at any time upon written application to the board showing cause to justify recertification or reinstatement.