(a) The following traffic law violations shall be known as offenses and classified as indicated:
(1) Racing on a public highway -- Class A misdemeanor;
(2) Reckless driving -- Class B misdemeanor;
(3) Driving with lights off to avoid detection, identification, or apprehension -- Class B misdemeanor;
(4) Hazardous driving -- Class C misdemeanor;
(5) Leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage only -- Class C misdemeanor;
(6) Driving the wrong way on a one-way street -- Class C misdemeanor;
(7) Speeding in excess of fifteen miles per hour (15 m.p.h.) over the posted speed limit -- Class C misdemeanor;
(8) Using nitrous oxide in a motor vehicle or motorcycle on a street or highway as prohibited under § 27-37-803 -- Class C misdemeanor; and
(9) Observing a drag race as a spectator on a public highway -- Class B misdemeanor.
(b) More than three (3) violations in a twelve-month period -- Class C misdemeanor.